Emmy Rossum Covers Self February 2013


No comments


With her new movie "Beautiful Creatures" set to hit theaters on Valentine's Day (February 14th), Emmy Rossum pitched in on promotions by covering the February 2013 issue of Self magazine.
The "Shameless" actress looked adorable in designer garb from Jill Stuart and Kate Spade for the Kenneth Willardt shot front page while chatting about everything from dieting to goal setting.
Highlights from Miss Rossum's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Self!

On dieting:
"I was raised on a macrobiotic diet, so I was more interested in eating the junk food that other kids were eating, although I'd have to make sure my mom didn't know. My mom has never owned a saltshaker. Now I have to sneak these contraband little salt packets from take-out restaurants into her house so that I can salt my food."
On her long-term goal:
"I don't want to do the Ironman or run 10 miles, but I do want to go up into space one day. It costs [hundreds of thousands] right now, but I hope eventually it will be $500. And I want to make sure my heart is fit enough to handle the trip when I'm 50."
On improving her body:
"I'm not going to wake up like Gisele tomorrow. That's just not going to happen. She's a genetic freak—and stunning. I'm a human being. I'm fit because I make it a priority and it's part of my job. I also try to stay confident, so 5 pounds up or down doesn't affect my brain."
On diet "cheating days":
"When I was filming 'Beautiful Creatures,' I ate 1,500 calories a day—nutritionist Carrie Wiatt sent me meals from L.A. But I also gave myself two cheat days a week. I'd eat a steak and fries, an ice cream sundae and then go to Pinkberry. Of course, then I'd wake up the next morning and go, 'Oh, great, I'm eating one poached egg and a green apple. Shoot me in the face.' But it was totally worth it. Now I can gain back those 6 pounds that I had lost to do the movie."

Article Source: gossipcenter.com

 
 

Leave a Reply