Jon Hamm Talks About Years of Auditioning Before Landing 'Mad Men'


,

No comments

Emotional toll: Jon Hamm revealed in a pre-rehab interview that playing Mad Men protagonist Don Draper was rough on him. He is pictured in LA on Thursday



Jon Hamm steps out to run some errands on Thursday (April 2) in Los Angeles.
The 44-year-old actor recently chatted with EW about landing Mad Men after years of auditioning.

“I knew that I had some sort of baseline of talent, ability, and chutzpah and confidence,” Jon said. “But then knowing how to get anyone to pay attention is the big mystery. So I just kept auditioning. I kept showing up and I kept trying. And I kept trying to push down the voice that was saying, ‘You’re terrible. Someone’s better than you. They’re going to give the part to the other guy.’ And elevate the part of me that said, like, ‘You’re worth it. You should be here.’”

Article Source: justjared.com

Struggles: Jon, 44, checked himself into a facility at the end of February for alcohol addiction. He has opened up about how eight years of playing the alcoholic womanizing character has affected him

Low key: The actor kept a low profile as he ran errands in his Los Feliz neighbourhood


Leave a Reply