Uma Thurman: I Haven't Seen 'Kill Bill' in Eight Years


No comments


Uma Thurman graces the cover of the December/January issue of Gotham magazine, on stands now.
Here’s what the 42-year-old Playing For Keeps actress had to share with the mag:
On the rumors about Kill Bill: Vol. 3: “It gets announced all the time, but I don’t have a script. Quentin [Tarantino] knows; everybody knows; we’re hoping that we get to make the third installment. I saw Kill Bill yesterday, and I haven’t seen it in, I don’t know, seven, eight years, and I was surprised at how well it’s held up. I shouldn’t be surprised, of course, but I’m so self-critical, it takes about 10 years for me to be able to like something I’ve done.”

On balancing motherhood with her career: “The question of balance has always been kind of a funny one to me because I don’t think there is any balance. I feel like I’ve never done enough. I do think I’m pretty good at home, but trying to balance my energies outside the home? It’s a challenge; there’s so much more I want to do and can do. When I was younger and became a mother, I didn’t think I could do anything else; I was completely overwhelmed. I felt guilty and afraid about working, guilty and afraid about not working. It’s very overwhelming for a younger person, which is why it’s awesome to get to have another baby when you’re grown up.”
On what she has in the pipeline for the near future: “Because I just had a baby this year, I haven’t quite gotten up and running yet, but I did a role in a movie called Playing for Keeps, which is a comedy. I just had a really fun time. I also went over to Germany and did a big scene, which is a monologue, with Lars von Trier for his film Nymphomaniac. I’m not the nymphomaniac, but it’s going to be totally scandalous.”
On steering her career: “I’ve been on maternity leave for a while, so it’s all about the future. I’m reading scripts, and I changed my agents—I’m hitting refresh in my career.”

Article Source: justjared.com

 

Leave a Reply