Naomi Campbell: February 2013 ELLE Feature


No comments

Damaged reputation: Opening up about her phone-throwing antics Naomi Campbell admitted 'I'm never gonna get away from it... It's part of my history'
With her new reality TV series "The Face" set to premiere on February 12, Naomi Campbell scored herself a feature in the February 2013 issue of ELLE magazine.
The 42-year-old British supermodel adorned herself in designer garb from the likes of Alexander McQueen and Louis Vuitton for the fashionable Thomas Whiteside shot spread while dishing about everything from her infamous cell-phone incident to being a modeling mentor.
A few highlights from Miss Campbell's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to ELLE!

On mentoring on "The Face":
"When I first got Yves Saint Laurent couture, I didn’t know how to take off a cape. I would ask Katoucha and Dalma – the real divas of the runway – ‘Can you show me?’ I’ve never been afraid to ask for help… I care for my girls [on the show]. Every single one of them. I’m not here to put anyone down."
On the infamous cell-phone-throwing incident:
"I’m never gonna get away from it. It’s part of my history. I was remorseful and regretful. I’ve served. I did that time. And I never want to be in that position again."
On watching other modeling shows:
"I don’t watch the other reality model shows. I’ll never have anything to say. If you ask me about Tyra Banks, I’m proud of her as a woman of color. She’s given girls opportunity, and God bless her."

Article Source: gossipcenter.com

Start over: Miss Campbell hopes that her role as a mentor on The Face will give her a fresh start
Showing a different side: Oxygen's senior vice president said that viewers of The Face will see Miss Campbell in the way 'that her friends know'
Lacking confidence: Despite spending more than 25 years posing in front of cameras, Miss Campbell said that she has always been 'very shy' of doing television



Leave a Reply