Miranda Lambert Talks Chris Brown Slam in REDBOOK February 2013


No comments


Her "Locked and Reloaded" tour begins on January 17 and before the madness begins Miranda Lambert covered the February 2013 issue of REDBOOK magazine.
The 29-year-old country cutie showed off a slimmer figure for the Giles Bensimon shot front page and dished to the mag about the infamous tweet slamming Chris Brown.
Highlights from Miss Lambert's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to REDBOOK!

On being away from husband Blake Sheldon:
"I love it. This time I hadn't seen him in 11 days, and he was just so happy when I got here, it was like [she makes an angels-singing voice] 'Ahh, you're here.' When I go to The Voice set and everyone says, 'Blake's been talking about you so much,' it just makes me feel special, you know?"
On her insecurities:
"I’m insecure about tons of things! I cry onstage once a week, singing 'The House That Built Me,' and I always tell the crowd, 'Don’t tell anyone I was cryin’!' Or 'Over You,' when Blake and I had all that loss in our lives. It was really hard to get up there after we had been to three funerals. [Blake’s] dad died, my childhood best friend passed away, and then my childhood dog, all in two weeks. I went back onstage, and I wasn’t ready, but the crowd just embraced me. I was like, “Okay, I’m really real. Like, all of this tough-girl image? My walls are down and all these people can see it.” But it was a good moment for me. I just laid it out there, like, “I’m normal, I’m a girl, I have PMS, and I get emotional, and I’m sad sometimes, and that’s it.” I feel like I got over the hump of trying to be like, “I have a chip on my shoulder, I’m strong all the time,” you know? Because no one is."
On her Twitter war with Brown:
[Miranda wrote, “He beat on a girl…not cool that we act like that didn’t happen”]: "I didn’t feel right about not saying something. The loudmouth that I am, I say what I think. I wanted everyone to know that I don’t agree with the message it’s sending to young women. It’s not okay. At all. To be celebrated after doing something like that. I don’t think it’s right, I never will, and I will stand by what I said till the day that I die."

Article Source: gossipcenter.com

 
Soft side: Miranda Lambert opens up about insecurities, her infamous Twitter war with Chris Brown, and her marriage to the Voice judge, and fellow country superstar, Blake Shelton

Leave a Reply