Drew Barrymore Covers Good Housekeeping February 2013


No comments


It was a huge year for Drew Barrymore after getting married and having a baby and now she's gracing the cover Good Housekeeping's February 2013 issue.
The 37-year-old "Charlie's Angels" actress rocked simple prints for the Stewart Shining shot front page and chatted about everything from her career to motherhood.
Highlights from Miss Barrymore's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Good Housekeeping!

On taking a break from Hollywood:
"I thought, 'What if I distance myself a little bit, take some time off, and smell the flowers elsewhere in life?' It's so scary to leave everything behind; it's terrifying. I was afraid to let go. But with great risks comes great reward."
On being pregnant:
"I didn't go out for like six or seven months. It was really nice to just get quiet. I cleaned out every single drawer in my house. I went through storage units. That's how I lived my days. They say cats run around shredding paper before they're about to give birth. That's exactly how I was."
On motherhood:
"My favorite thing about being a mom is just what a better it makes you on a daily basis. Every morning when I wake her [Olive] up, the endgame is, 'Can I get her to smile?' and that puts me in a good mood. It's definitely a different way to live - and a must better one."
On getting back into shape:
"I'm not worrying about it. We live in a society where everyone's like, 'Look at how amazing she looks two weeks out [from giving birth].' I don't want to be on that hamster wheel; that's hell. I'm never going to have the kind of body that makes me excited about bikini season. I've never had a 'beach body.' But I want to feel like I'm showing up and doing my best. My goal is to be nice to myself, gentle towards myself, during this process. It's such a sacred time."

Article Source: gossipcenter.com


Leave a Reply