Kerry Washington covers December 2012/January 2013 Uptown Magazine


No comments


Her movie "Django Unchained" hits theatres on Christmas Day (December 25) and Kerry Washington pitched in on promotions by covering the December 2012/January 2013 issue of Uptown magazine.
The 35-year-old actress showed off her sexy hourglass figure in a black Altuzarra skirt with a Natori bra for the Nino Muñoz front page shoot and opened up about choosing various roles to taking career risks.
A few highlights from Miss Washington's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Uptown!

On choosing her movie roles:
"If I were to say it's okay to play a lawyer but not a maid, or it's okay to play a professor but not a slave, that would be sort of spitting on the legacy of my grandmother, who was a maid on Park Avenue for years, or my ancestors in South Carolina, who came from slavery."
On "Django Unchained":
"I’ve never seen slavery dealt with this way before in film. So often it’s a white character who’s the savior of black people…. We should have a plethora of visions and interpretations of who we are as a nation. This is not necessarily the film I would make about slavery."
On what roles attract her:
"If you look at my body of work, I’ve always taken huge risks. I’ve played prostitutes, drug addicts, pimping lesbians. I do work I’m drawn to."

Article Source: gossipcenter.com

 

Leave a Reply